Diseno del Rancho San Ramon (Carpentier)
annexed to deposition of Jose Maria Amador
January 13, 1855
Contra Costa County, California
(Rancho Grant later confimeed to H.W. Carpentier, patented on April 7, 1866)
"A.P.L." annexed to deposition of Jose Maria Amador
January 13th, 1855 , in case No. 301.
San Ramon i Las Juntas
Filed in office Jan. 15, 1855
Geo. Fisher, scy.
Caption on label, bottom right: "No. 322-N.D. Domingo Peralta, Clmt "half of San Ramon" or "Las Juntas" Contra Costa County case no. 301; land map D- 650"
From U.S. District Court. California, Northern District. Land case 322 ND, page 598; land case map D-650 (Bancroft Library)
Image from Land Case Maps from The Bancroft Library collection. Copyright restrictions also apply to digital representations of the original materials. Use of digital files is restricted to research and educational purposes.
Please scroll down to view image.
This image has be reduced to allow this page to load
faster... Click on the link below to load a larger image.
This hand-drawn map (diseno) shows the Castro-Pacheco Rancho San Ramon Valley, with north to the right. It is a shortened map of the Valley, which extends from today's Crow Canyon Road (San Ramon, CA) to Walnut Creek (CA). Notice the large curve, which leads from the top (west) then runs through the drawing's center. This represents San Ramon Creek as if flows out of Bollinger Canyon. Las Trampas hills and Mount Diablo are indicated as are Sycamore Valley and Green Valley creeks. The northern boundary shows the joining of Las Trampas and San Ramon creeks. The original is in color, with green trees lining the creeks.(click below for color image, but not of best quality) (Description from Images of America, San Ramon Valley, Alamo, Danville, and San Ramon published by Arcadia Publishing, San Francisco, CA. © 2005 by Beverly Lane and Ralph Cozine for the Museum of the San Ramon Valley. www.museumsrv.org )
Click here for a larger image (Page 2)
Click here for color image (Page 3)